Information to help you gain a full knowledge before making one of the biggest decisions of your life.
We've gathered these valuable resources to help bring you to a full knowledge position whether you are a Buyer, Seller, Renter, or Investor.
Determine the Land Tranfer and Property Tax amounts
Land Transfer Tax Calculator
We have included a Land Transfer Tax Calculator to help you better understand some of the costs associated when buying a property.
Land transfer costs are very easily forgotten in the planning and excitement of buying a new home.
If you are a first-time homebuyer you may be eligible for a Land Transfer Tax Rebate for both the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto. Please see the Special Information Leaflets below for more information.
Enter the purchase price of your home in box below and hit the ‘GO’ button.
*All information on this site is copyright © 2013 Toronto Real Estate Board. All rights reserved. Although Pad to Pad endeavours to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information, it is not guaranteed. Pad to Pad accepts no responsibility for any loss arising from any use or reliance on the information contained herein.
Property Tax Calculator
If you already own a home and would like to calculate your property tax, enter the amount on your Property Assessment Notice’ sent to you by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). Remember your property tax is not based on the purchase price when you bought the house.
A series of .PDF leaflets with helpful Real Estate information for you to view, download and print.
Commercial / Investor
More Helpful Information
The big list of helpful Toronto Real Estate links
University and Colleges
- University of Toronto, the largest and one of the oldest universities in Canada, which acquires the highest annual financial endowment and commonly ranked among the top universities in the world, with its main campus in Downtown Toronto and two satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga
- York University, the third largest university in Canada which also contains Glendon College and the Osgoode Hall Law School, which contains the largest law library in the Commonwealth of Nations
- Ryerson University, located in Downtown Toronto, has a student base of 20,000 full-time students, and 60,000 continuing education students.
- OCAD University, fourth-largest art school in North America
- Tyndale University College and Seminary, a private degree granting institution which began as a Bible college and seminary
- Centennial College
- George Brown College
- Seneca College
- Humber College
- Collège Boréal (francophone)
GREENing Your Home & Hood
- ecoENERGY Retrofit Grant (June 6/11 to Mar 31/12)
- Home Energy Savings (Ministry of Energy)
- Canada’s Green Home Guide
- Canada’s Environmental Social Network
- Recycling Household Hazardous & Special Waste Materials
- Calculate Your Carbon Footprint
- LEAF – Protecting the Urban Forest
- PROJECT NEUTRAL (Riverdale & The Junction)